Dr Virginia Lambert
Dr Virginia Lambert is a Consultant General Surgeon, with subspecialty training in weight loss surgery. Virginia trained across multiple states in Australia and attained Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in February 2021. She has completed a further two years of training in bariatric (weight loss) surgery.
Virginia is a staunch advocate for her patients, understanding that weight loss is not just about what operation you perform. Her patients’ lives and priorities are at the heart of her care.
Virginia performs advanced laparoscopic procedures, including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, hiatus hernia repair and revisional weight loss surgery. She continues active practice in general surgery including groin and abdominal hernia repair, cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) and endoscopy.
In her spare time Virginia attends to the grind and joy of parenting, ferrying her sons around to sport and cheering just a little too loudly over a wicket, a catch or a goal. She is a keen cyclist and knows there’s nothing like getting out in nature and testing your body against a steep climb, a headwind or a sprint against friends.
Professional memberships & affiliations:
· Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
· General Surgeons Australia (GSA) member
· Conjoint Committee for Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (CCRTGE) credentialled
· Australian and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society (ANZMOSS) member
· International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) member