BIB/Orbera 6 monthly intragastric balloon
Adelaide Bariatric Centre surgeons are also experienced endoscopists and have been placing BIB/Orbera intragastric balloons for 20 years. Adelaide Bariatric Centre provides a BIB/Orbera intragastric balloon programme including multidisciplinary support for the best results. Please make an appointment to enquire as to whether this is an appropriate option for you to assist with weight loss.
What is BIB?
- The BIB weight loss system provides you with positive results in only 3 months and stays in place for up to 6 months for ongoing support.
How is the procedure done?
- Non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, the thin and deflated BIB balloon is placed into the stomach. It is then filled with saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day.
- At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was inserted, through a nonsurgical procedure done under a mild sedative, it is deflated first then removed.
What to Expect
- The weight loss is rapid with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first three months of treatment
- On average BIB/ORBERA patients lost 1 times the weight loss of diet and exercise alone
- The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence your results
To qualify for BIB, you should:
- Be an adult
- BMI of >30 kg/m2
- Be willing to participate in a medically supervised program