So you have decided to see one of our surgeons to discuss having weight loss surgery. You have looked at your options and you have decided on looking into getting either a gastric sleeve or a gastric bypass. The question everyone wants to know, is “How much is this going to cost?”
The first thing you need to know, is to come through these rooms, you do need to have top level hospital cover. We always recommend giving your insurer a call and checking to see if you are covered for the following item number:
If you don’t currently have hospital cover and are planning to take it out, you will enter into a 12 month waiting period before you can make a claim. We recommend booking in to see your surgeon of choice around the 9 month mark, so you are ready to go when your insurance kicks in.
On top of your health insurance, you will have some out of pocket costs:
- Hospital excess: $0 – $750 depending on your insurance policy
- Anaesthetist gap: $400 – $600 depending on who your anaesthetist is
- $3800 for our aftercare programme, which includes:
- 2 Lifestyle coaching visits, one pre and one post surgery
- 3 Dietitian visits post surgery
- Unlimited support with our Bariatric Nurse
- 2 years of appointments with your surgeon and our Bariatric GP post surgery
If you have any questions regarding the costs involved in having surgery through Adelaide Bariatric Centre, please give our reception team a call. We look forward to seeing your journey.